Moscow Museum of Modern Art is pleased to present its first educational online game “PLAYMMOMA”! The game is designed as a fascinating interactive guide that introduces kids aged 6+ and their parents to the world of contemporary art.
Here children can:
- get acquainted with new forms and concepts, such as installation, object, media art and performance;
- understand the difference between the new picture and the traditional one;
- learn a lot about the museum display;
- explore contemporary works from the MMOMA collection;
- try on the role of contemporary artist, and create their own unique artworks;
- finally, share the result with their friends on Facebook.
Children with good reading skills could play by themselves, while others will need assistance.
The online game “PLAYMMOMA” is based on the 3rd thematic display of MMOMA “If I Only Knew!..” (2010-2011).
The pilot version of the game, with two active sections out of six (“My Museum” and “New Picture”), was financed by the Vladimir Potanin Foundation. In June 2014, the online game project became the winner of the grant competition “A Changing Museum in a Changing World” in the nomination “Museum Educational Programs”.
Please note! The online game is developed for desktop computers and tablets. On smartphones it functions in a limited mode.
THE PROJECT’S CREATIVE TEAM
MMOMA Research Department: the game’s concept / texts Anna Arutyunyan, Andrey Egorov (Head of Research Department), Ekaterina Kuzmina, Katerina Zaitseva (Project Supervisor)
MMOMA Education Department: methodological support Tatiana Bagaeva, Polina Zotova, Maria Osetyanskaya, Alexandra Vinogradova
Technical Development / Design Bobaka
Anastasia Beltyukova and the 5th grade of the Pirogov School
MMOMA PROJECT TEAM
First Deputy Director
PR and Communications Department
Head of Conservation Department